Hi Folks! Perhaps you know a friend who’s into yoga, but aren’t sure what would work well as a gift. Here are some of Chakra 5’s top picks that are sure to please. We consider these absolute essentials for the yoga enthusiast, and they appeal to us because of style, durability, fit and affordability.
Counter-clockwise, beginning in lower left:
- Jade Yoga Mats for your home/local practice. We love the cushy (but not too thick) feel and no-slip texture of Jade Yoga Mats, made of natural rubber. Price: $50. http://www.jadeyoga.com
- Kulae Mats are lighter and thinner, making them perfect for travel. We love the unique colors and textures to each side of the mat. Like Jade, these mats are also eco-friendly and feature “closed-cell technology” to lock out odor and germs. Price: $50. http://www.kulae.com
- Beyond Yoga Capri Pants flatter just about everyone and are so comfortable, you’ll want to wear them every day. These pants are soft and cut with a very flattering low rise and crop just below the knee. Price: $75. http://www.iambeyond.com
- C20 Coconut Water for post-workout hydration. Did you know that coconut water was used as a replacement for plasma during WWII? This is because it has a balanced PH profile and complete group of electrolytes, closely matching that of the human body. We’ve compared it to many other leading coconut brands, and the flavor is well ahead of the pack! No funny aftertaste. Price: $2/16 oz can. http://www.c2o-cocowater.com/
- Zobha Yoga Tanks are engineered very well, giving plenty of support on top, staying put even when you’re upside-down. The colors and designs add unique visual interest and style. Price: $60. http://www.zobha.com
- Jo-Sha Mat Wipes are essential for cleaning, disinfecting and freshening up your mat between practices. We like to wipe down with the lavender-scented wipes right before class for an aromatherapy boost. They also come in peppermint, eucalyptus and tangerine. (Note: you can buy an assortment of scents in one pack if they all sound good.) Price: $14 for a bag of 20 wipes. http://www.joshawipes.com/
- We love the Wai Lana Orchard Yoga Mat Tote! Who can resist spring green with pink Hawaiian flowers? This tote is slim and pretty and slips right over your back for easy traveling. Price: $27. http://www.yogawithstyle.com
By the way, we just remembered that we shouldn’t exclude our male yoga fans when it comes to clothing reviews. We’re squeezing this last one in here at the end…
The Men’s Sutra Pant from Prana is comfortable, roomy and very flattering. Made of hemp and recycled polyester and available in four earthy colors. These pants are especially good for bigger, taller men. I purchased a pair of these for my husband (6’2″) a few years back, and he wears them constantly.